Arts Jobs: Development Assistant ** deadline 13 Apr 2015 ** Pallant House Gallery, Chichester
The Development Assistant will be based at Pallant House Gallery and work closely with the Head of Development and other members of the Gallery’s staff. The Development Assistant will assist by researching and writing applications to Trusts and Foundations to fund the Gallery’s exhibition and learning programmes and assist the Head of Development with fundraising.
Overall purpose and role
The successful candidate will assist in the success of the Gallery by achieving agreed objectives and income targets with a friendly and professional approach. They will be responsible for growing and developing income generated from charitable trusts to enable the Gallery to maintain and develop its exhibition, learning and community programmes. They will be joining a small, friendly and dedicated fundraising team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in securing vital funds and have a long-term impact on the Gallery.
- To research and develop a database and strategy for applying to trusts and foundations to help the Gallery achieve it strategic goals
- To develop and submit applications to trusts and foundations working with the Head of Development and relevant department heads
- To communicate with trusts and foundations, including written reports, documents and proposals
- To develop, manage and maintain relations with trusts and foundations
- To work closely with the Head of Development and colleagues to create strategic funding proposals to identify new funders
- To assist the Head of Development with fundraising administration and any other Gallery related tasks.
- Experience in researching trusts and foundations
- Experience in writing applications to trusts and foundations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in securing funds
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Computer literacy, fundraising database
- Ability to work as a team member
- A positive attitude and ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Experience of working in gallery or museum
- An interest in Modern British and Contemporary art
- Familiarity with social media in a fundraising capacity
- Some event experience an advantage
Full details and job applicaion form: www.pallant.org.uk
Closes Monday 13 April 2015
Paid (£15k-20k pro rata), Part time , Contact: Elaine Bentley email@example.com
via Development Assistant.